Senior Level IT Project Management Specialist (Audio Visual Systems)Herndon, Virginia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is currently seeking a Senior Level IT Project Management Specialist to join the Mission Systems Operations team located in Herndon, Virginia.
The candidate will develop, manage, and integrate complex audio visual systems and deliver project plans, deliverables, and lead activities to determine project scope. The candidate is responsible for onsite training and training materials for customer use. Schedule and budget baselines based on an understanding of the system development lifecycle will be a key requirement. The candidate will be responsible for systems design, engineering, technical reviews and evaluations, customer engagement, project estimating, project financial lifecycle management, and the systems integration.
- Develops and manages multiple, complex audio visual project plans and deliverables
- Provides input to determine complex project scope, schedule and budget baselines based on an understanding of the system development lifecycle
- Negotiates changes to project baselines
- Conducts design reviews
- Manages the incorporation of quality management systems for IT projects
- Monitors project deliverables to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Identifies and negotiates for necessary resources to meet project goals
- Develops and executes project communication plans
- Leads activities to identify project risks and develop mitigation plans
- Identifies need for vendor-provided products and services
- Coordinates and oversees supplier activities
This position requires an active Top Secret / SCI U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with installation, setup, and support of large scale audio/visual systems
- More than 3 years of technical project management experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or any technical field
- Networking experience
- Crestron Programming experience
- Experience with Windows and Linux
- Experience using Microsoft Project
- KVM Control experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master + 8 years' related work experience, 14 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More