Senior Software Engineer
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Senior Software Engineer
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Autonomous Systems Team is seeking a talented, self-motivated Senior level software engineer to participate in the development of future mission systems technologies in the areas of
autonomy, human-systems interfaces and sensor processing. Current areas of focus are advanced mission systems processing, unmanned autonomous vehicle operation, sensor and image processing,
small form factor computing and crew station/operator environments.
The project will focus on a mixture of new development integrated with legacy capability to provide
significant new capability(s) in a short time frame.
- Perform software engineering across the entire software development lifecycle: requirements analysis, software design, development, and test
- Responsible for taking vague requirements and quickly translate them into embedded system solutions by team collaborations with
- Identify, Perform and Review design decisions, trade studies, architecture improvements
- Champion relentless product and process improvements within the organization
- Coordinate with other integrated product teams (IPTs) to solve technical code and program issues and control configurations
- Collaborate with multiple teams within a Scaled Agile™ software environment
- Foster a culture of common workflow and capability development across programs and feature teams
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
**Current/Active Top Secret (TS) security clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI), for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (Note: If you held a security clearance within the last two years, your clearance is considered current/active).
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Current/Active Top Secret (TS) security clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI), for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (Note: If you held a security clearance within the last two years, your clearance is considered current/active).
- 5+ years Software Development experience in Java and/or C++
- Travel is required for this position
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Access to Sensitive Compartmental Information (SCI)
- Experience in Python
- Experience with development on Linux
- CI Poly
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.