Senior Principal Cyber Software EngineerHerndon, Virginia
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics is looking to hire a Senior Principal Cyber Software Engineer to join its team.
The selected candidate should have experience with structured software development methodologies and modern software test tools and techniques. The candidate will work within a cross-functional Scrum team, and will be responsible for developing software, participating in acceptance criteria development, creating scripts and utilizing COTS tools to automate testing, documenting instructions, and participating in integration activities.
As a U.S. government contractor, Boeing will require all new hires and employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals who are approved for a reasonable accommodation will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing and possibly other health and safety measures. Employees working in certain positions may be required to undergo frequent COVID-19 testing prior to December 8th if they are not fully vaccinated.
- Performs software engineering and development activities associated with supporting, maintaining, and enhancing software using an Agile DevSecOps model
- Develops and integrates bug fixes and new feature enhancements using DIA standard development tools and processes (e.g., Java, Jira, Git, Junit).
- Identifies and integrates DIA and IC shared services (e.g., IC PKI and IAA)
- Designs and develops APIs and data access services for new data feeds, and implements API gateways to enable enterprise access to existing and new data
- Supports trade studies/analyses of alternatives and assessments of potential technologies that may be applicable to the application, and provides recommendations
- Develops or updates engineering artifacts including System Design Documents, Development Sprint Plans, and Sprint Summary Reports.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- A Bachelor’s degree with 9+ years of relevant experience OR a Master’s degree with 7 years of relevant experience OR a PhD with 4 years of relevant experience; an additional 4 years of experience maybe considered in lieu of a degree requirement
- Experience with AWS Cloud Services, OpenShift, microservices
- Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL experience
- Experience designing, developing, maintaining and enhancing Big Data analytic systems
- Experience supporting the DevSecOps pipeline including Jira, Git, Junit, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, and Artifactory
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.