With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Team is seeking a talented, self-motivated Software Engineer for the Herndon VA location to participate in the development of future mission systems technologies in the areas of avionics, autonomy, human-systems interfaces and sensor processing. Current areas of focus are advanced mission systems processing, unmanned autonomous vehicle operation, sensor and image processing, small form factor computing and crew station/operator environments. Must be able to take vague requirements and quickly translate them into embedded system solutions by team collaborations with customers.
Project will focus on a mixture of new development integrated with legacy capability to provide significant new capability(s) in a short time frame.
• Perform software engineering across the entire software development lifecycle: requirements analysis, software design, development, and test
• Identify, Perform and Review design decisions, trade studies, architecture improvements
• Champion relentless product and process improvements within the organization
• Coordinate with other integrated product teams (IPTs) to solve technical code and program issues and control configurations
• Collaborate with multiple teams within a Scaled Agile™ software environment
• Foster a culture of common workflow and capability development across programs and feature teams
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Top Secret Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Java• C++
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• Development on Linux
• CI Poly and Python
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.