System Engineering Support Analyst (Tester)
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
System Engineering Support Analyst (Tester)
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking a Systems Engineer Analyst. This position is located in Herndon, VA. The systems engineer analyst will focus on the requirements verification and validation phases of the system engineering lifecycle, including concept of operations and requirements analysis,, software system design analysis, system integration, test, and documentation. The systems engineer analyst will ensure that the customer's requirements and defined use cases are reconciled in the software product through formal and informal testing methodologies.
- Understand and apply the concepts of operations necessary for users to satisfy their goals and understand how they apply to testing activities.
- Work in a team environment and demonstrate testing expertise and general understanding of various technical software topics.
- Develop an understanding of system test design for both manual and automated testing methodologies.
- Support agile process methodology through participation in daily scrums.
- Acquire the knowledge for testing and evaluation of software algorithms to ensure they meet performance and formal requirements specifications.
- With guidance from a mentor, complete testing and evaluation of specialized graphical user interfaces (GUIs) to ensure end user needs are met.
- With mentoring/training, independently write formal system software test reports.
- Participate in design review presentations to communicate software test plans and activities.
- Demonstrate initiative in working tasks as well as solutions to testing issues.
- This position requires an active TS/SCI security clearance with current SSBI.
- This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- This position requires a current Top Secret/SCI clearance and is contingent on clearance verification and customer concurrence. Please include clearance and date of recent SSBI on profile/resume.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years experience with and knowledge of software testing (manual or automated) and related tasks.
- Good verbal and written communication skills along with good collaboration skills for technical coordination with team members and communicating task progress/status to your mentor/lead.
- Working knowledge of Windows based systems and fluency in Microsoft Office tools. Must be able to independently produce presentations, documents, and spreadsheets.
- General familiarity with Linux/Unix.
- Working knowledge of automated testing tools and techniques (i.e. Selenium).
- General knowledge of agile software development process methodology (i.e. Scrum, SAFe, Kanban), and one or more agile related management tools (i.e. Jira).
- General knowledge of software engineering tools and processes used for development, deployment, or deficiency tracking.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master, 6 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may close before end date.
Individual Contributor - 2
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.