Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us. AMS100 SE100
Advanced Mission Solutions (AMS) is seeking a System Engineer (Level 3) in Herndon, VA, to support efforts to define concepts and systems engineering solutions to customer requirements to advanced communication, signal processing systems and other systems. Current areas of focus are advanced mission systems processing, unmanned autonomous vehicle operation, sensor and image processing, small form factor computing and crew station/operator environments. The systems engineer will be working in a fast paced and dynamic environment, and must be a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT). Business travel is required.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position requires an active Top Secret (TS/SCI) with CI Poly U.S. Security Clearance. Please list clearance level on your resume.
- Work across a broad spectrum of disciplines including optics, RF engineering, communications and satellite design/operation at a technical level sufficient to translate customer needs into clear, actionable requirements and interface specifications.
- Participate in the development of future mission systems technologies in the areas of avionics, autonomy, human-systems interfaces and sensor processing.
- Identify, Perform and Review design decisions, trade studies, architecture improvements.
- Champion relentless product and process improvements within the organization.
- Coordinate with other integrated product teams (IPTs) to solve technical system and program issues and control configurations.
- Collaborate with multiple teams within a Scaled Agile™ environment.
- Foster a culture of common workflow and capability development across programs and feature teams.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active/current Top Secret with CI Poly U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering classification is required.
- Systems engineering experience is required.
- Experience in either one the following areas: Analysis, Development, Modeling, Requirements and/or System Architecture.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Substantial experience in MATLAB algorithm development.
- Experience in leading and conducting mathematical analysis, modeling and simulation efforts to support product development is desired.
- Possess good communication skills, both oral and written; technical leadership skills desired.
- Experience in working with customers to develop technical roadmaps and business strategies is desired.
- Knowledge of (electronic interfaces, equipment environmental requirements, Agile work environment).
Computing experience (electronic interfaces, military communication protocols, equipment environmental requirements, functional decomposition, computing system architecture diagrams, network topologies).
Typical Education / Experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.