Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking a Systems Engineer. This position is located in Herndon, VA. The systems engineer will participate in all phases of the system engineering lifecycle, including concept of operations development, requirements analysis and development, software system design, algorithm design, risk management, integration, test, and documentation. The systems engineer will participate in the engineering and design of complex, multi-tiered software applications and systems.
- Perform general system engineering tasks including requirements analysis, system architecture, and specification of customer desired features/user stories.
- Contribute to the creation of new web applications and associated architectures that align with a future system architecture based on a cloud infrastructure.
- Work in a team environment and demonstrate system engineering expertise and understanding of various technical systems engineering and related software topics.
- Support agile process methodology through coordination of daily scrums.
- Create software development tasks in Jira and coordinate effort to completion.
- Interact with users to determine needs and establish work priority.
- Support design, testing, and evaluation of graphical user interfaces (GUIs) to ensure end user needs and requirements are met.
- Perform validation of finished product against requirements.
- Support the Integration and Test team in the definition and execution of system verification activities.
- Participate in design review presentations to communicate software and system functionality and capabilities.
- This position requires an active TS/SCI security clearance with current SSBI.
- This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- This position requires a current Top Secret/SCI clearance and is contingent on clearance verification and customer concurrence. Please include clearance and date of recent SSBI on profile/resume.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1-2 years' experience with system engineering tasks in a project lifecycle from CONOPs development to requirements verification and sell-off.
- Experience with agile process methodology and one or more agile related management tools (i.e. Jira).
- Good verbal and written communication skills along with good collaboration skills for technical coordination with team members and communicating task progress/status to your mentor/lead.
- Working knowledge of Windows based systems and fluency in Microsoft Office tools. Must be able to independently produce presentations, documents, and spreadsheets.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Agile methodology tools (Scrum, SAFe, Kanban), Jira, DOORs, Enterprise Architect (or other MBSE tools).
- Experience with the concepts of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Familiarity with software engineering tools and processes used for development, deployment, or deficiency tracking.
- Familiarity or working knowledge of automated testing tools and techniques.
- General familiarity with Linux/Unix.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master, 6 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may close before end date.
Individual Contributor - 2
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.