Training Systems Engineer
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Training Systems Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense/Space/Security (BDS) is seeking a Training Systems Engineer (Mid-Level) to support a proprietary program in the Herndon, VA area. This unique role requires an understanding of engineering processes and the ability to communicate engineering requirements into a contractually sound technical baseline. The individual must be enthusiastic and hands on in their approach and possess excellent organizational, leadership and written and verbal communication skills. The individual must be able to work in a team environment and collaborate with several types of engineering disciplines to execute tasks on-quality and on-time. The individual will use systems engineering skills to lead and facilitate the training and certification process for a diverse set of program teams. This position is a day shift position with on-call and infrequent shift work. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Position duties include, but are not limited to:
- Direct daily interface with customers and leadership, requiring excellent customer support and professional courtesy
- Collaboration across multiple disciplines to achieve critical project milestones
- Alignment of program training and certification activities with critical milestones
- Process engineering and continuous improvement
- Analysis of interdependencies of product deliveries and the associated risks, issues, and opportunities of their integration
General Job Duties:
- Required to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Self-starter that works independently to complete and track assigned tasks under the guidance of a mentor;
- Expected to work with their mentor and after a six-month period, work assigned projects nearly independently with periodic guidance from their mentor;
- Expected to communicate with their mentor/lead on project/task status and progress;
- Required to obtain system operations certification via knowledge-based learning and on-the-job training facilitated by an assigned mentor
- Expected to understand basic analytical data analysis and management to facilitate customer access and use;
- Expected to perform engineering and operational functions supporting customer needs utilizing customized software suites;
- Assists with analyses to evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters, and assure compatibility of all physical, functional, and program interfaces;
- Assists with various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture;
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret / SCI Security Clearance (US Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active). Offer is contingent upon program access and clearance verification pre-start.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Current DoD or other clearance at Top Secret level or higher. Offer is contingent upon program access and ability to obtain final clearance (Pre-Start) U.S. Citizenship required.
- Knowledge of Web-based tools such as SharePoint;
- Fluent in the basic use of Microsoft (MS) Office Tools (1 or more years’ experience);
- Familiarity with industry standards for operational certification and training;
- Familiarity with a broad range of systems engineering disciplines and a willingness to apply those skills in a fast-paced learning environment;
- Willing to perform some call-in responsibilities during off hours and perform weekend work to include occasional 24/7 rotating shift.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Some understanding of the Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) process or other engineering problem resolution/solution process;
- Familiarity with basic systems engineering principles used to solve engineering problems and also an understanding of standard problem-solution methodologies and tools (Fishbone, 5-Why, etc.);
- Familiarity with system engineering applications for data management and data processing to include product generation, metrics analysis, archive, and retrieval;
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Employee Referral (if applicable):
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.