6J7BI4 - Software Configuration Management Engineer
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
6J7BI4 - Software Configuration Management Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Senior Level Software Process and Configuration Management Engineer to join the Boeing Commercial Crew team located in Houston, TX. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
A successful candidate will work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, and must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently. Must possess good communication skills, both oral and written; technical leadership skills highly desired. Experience in leading engineering teams in software configuration management and technical database system development. Develop metrics of software development progress and report status to management. Champion for process improvement/evaluation activities including Lean/Agile and CMMI.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Work with a software configuration management system and records to track and control changes to CST-100 flight software, support tools, suppliers’ delivered software, eg. Board Support Package or COTS software, and documentation.
- Developed and report metrics on software development progress.
- Maintain Software Development Plan and Software Configuration Management Plan.
- Define software process based on enterprise standard processes.
- Collect evidence and participate in planning for CMMI appraisal
- Software/Systems Engineering achieved CMMI level 3
- Support processes for delivery of software build for Formal Qualification Testing and Spacecraft Checkout
- Mentors and provides guidance to junior team members, developers and engineers who are geographically dispersed
- Creating and maintaining documentation for tools or checklists used to support configuration management
- Providing user support and troubleshooting issues with the relevant configuration management software
- Collaborate with different disciplines in order to meet Integration Testing Goals.
- Perform process engineering and continuous improvement activities.
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams each day.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field (A technical degree is defined as any four-year degree, or greater, in a mathematics, computer science or engineering field of study)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Lean/Agile development
- Experience with ClearQuest/ClearCase or other configuration control tools
- Experience with CMMI and Metrics
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience)
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Travel: - No Travel
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
- For further information on the basic relocation plan, refer here.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift: 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range for Experienced: $130,900k - $177,100k
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities