Boeing Graduate Researcher – Navigation Math & Algorithm Development and AnalysisHuntington Beach, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The BR&T Guidance, Navigation, Control and Autonomy team is seeking a talented & motivated engineer for design, analysis, and development of advanced, non-GPS navigation systems and related technologies. The candidate will work closely with an experienced team of engineers on research and development as well as vehicle program applications.
- Supports the gathering of system level requirements.
- Performs and documents analysis of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) systems to validate or assess the system design or models.
- Assists troubleshooting of routing operational anomalies, functional tests and services incidents.
- Supports execution tests, analysis and design review per FAA, MIL-SPEC and NASA guidance to deliver a compliant product.
- Works under close supervision.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Linear Algebra
- Differential equations
- Random process analysis
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- The ability to work a minimum of 10 weeks (12 weeks preferred) in Summer 2020.
- Must be pursuing a PhD.
- Navigation Technology and Systems
- Guidance Technology and Systems
- Image Processing and Registration
Relocation benefits are available to eligible candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More