Experienced Microelectronics Packaging EngineerHuntington Beach, California
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is searching for a Experienced Microelectronics Packaging Engineer to join one of our team.
We are seeking experienced engineers and engineering leaders with a strong background in the current SOTA for advance packaging as it relates to microelectronics. A successful candidate will lead the innovation and development of novel 2.5D / 3D advanced packaging for high-speed/mixed signal/RF microelectronics applications inclusive of electrical performance of both active and passive elements, thermal-mechanical performance and design for manufactability and reliability.
This position allows for a hybrid work arrangement which is a combination of remote and on site work, generally includes routinely working virtually one or more days per week, schedules may vary by week depending on need to be on-site for test activities and/or for access to closed areas.
- Leads analysis of customer and system requirements, development of architectural approaches, and detailed specifications for various electronic products
- Leads reviews of testing and analysis activity to assure compliance to requirements
- Leads activities in support of Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services
- Coordinates engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product
- Resolves complex issues on critical programs related to architectural approaches, requirements, specifications and design
- Leads technical aspect of proposal preparation
- Identifies critical performance measures and develops processes for computing them.
- Develops new concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 10+ years of experience in the field of microelectronics packaging including MCM, heterogeneous integration, 3D chip stacking, etc
- Understanding of impacts of complex packaging architectures on circuit performance including speed, thermal, etc
- Experience with SWaP-C constrained electronics development
- Demonstrated track record as a self-motived, independent, high-performance team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Understanding and experience with design, development and testing of advanced packaging techniques. This includes conventional packaging techniques like ASIC, BGA, 2.5D / 3D heterogeneous integration, and familiarity with commonly available supply chain for fabrication, assembly, packaging and test of multi-chip-modules (MCMs) and System-in-Package (SiP) for digital and RF products.
- Understanding of 3DIC development flow and tools; chip-level and substrate requirements, architecture, design, and verification; foundry interface and fabrication; and final characterization and test including electrical, mechanical and thermal considerations.
- Understanding of commercial microelectronics fabrication process technologies, including standard substrates (organic, silicon and glass) and PCB manufacturing processes
- Experience with industry standards for high-speed interconnects
- Hold patents in advanced microelectronics packaging architectures and performance improvements
- Experience working building and managing Outsourced Assembly and Test (OSAT) vendor supply chain
- Experience organizing and leading cross-functional engineering teams including internal and external organizations
- Experience supporting proposals (technical, cost, and schedule) with advanced microelectronics packaging content
- Experience with technical, cost, and schedule management
- Experience supporting military programs including engagement with customers
: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities