Mid-Level Software Engineer
Huntington Beach, California; Los Angeles, California
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Mid-Level Software Engineer
Boeing Space and Launch, In-Space Vehicles is searching for a mid-level Software Engineer. As a Software Engineer, you will be part of an amazing, collaborative team for the AIT Program located in Huntington Beach, CA (with plans to relocate to Seal Beach, CA within ~1-2 years). As a highly productive, talented, self-motivated, and creative member of Boeing Defense, Space & Security, you will work with multiple engineering and support groups, on both ongoing operational efforts and exciting future projects.
• Developing, documenting, and maintaining architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
• Developing and maintaining code and integrating software components into a fully functional software system
• Developing software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
• Performing software project management and software supplier management functions
• Developing, selecting, tailoring and deploying software processes, tools and metrics
• Executing and documenting software research and development projects
• Serving as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations
• Troubleshooting software issues
• Tracking and evaluating software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards
• Supporting software (application programming, tool, and algorithm) development tasks, including requirements analysis, detailed design, coding, unit/integration testing, maintenance, and user support
• Developing new features for database-driven and algorithm based applications, as well as troubleshooting and resolving various application issues
• Contributing to the creation of new distributed components and interactions that align with the future software and system architecture
• Experience working and interfacing with technically diverse user and customer communities, security personnel, project managers, engineers, and a multi-disciplined integrated product team (system administrators and software developers)
• Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders to develop software/application requirements, writing informative documentation, and providing user training & support
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government. (U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
• Must have an active final DoD Top Secret or other clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed or updated within the past five years. (Note: A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
• Experience with the software development process
• Solid foundation in computer science and a genuine interest in software programming to solve challenging problems
• Demonstrated experience in software application and tool development including, requirements analysis, user interface design, relational database design, code, test, configuration management, and deployment
• Experience in the following areas: scripting (e.g., Perl, Tcl/Tk, Python, Bash/Shell), programming (e.g., Fortran, C++, Java), relational databases (e.g., SQL, Oracle), operating systems (e.g., Windows, Linux, Solaris)
• Experience with SQL/Oracle/etc database tasks related to software/algorithm/tool programming (e.g., database troubleshooting, setting up database(s) to work with software/algorithm/tool being developed)
• Demonstrated experience with data manipulation and conversions across application, operating system, and system boundaries
• Experience troubleshooting legacy and activity maintained software