Senior Hardware Design EngineerHuntington Beach, California
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
As part of the Boeing Defense, Space and Security, Autonomous Systems division, the Gigabit Ethernet Data Multiplex System (GEDMS) program is seeking a Senior Hardware Design Engineer, (Level 5) in Huntingtin Beach, MO to lead the Hardware Design and Development activities. This position will perform project planning, assign tasking to hardware team members, and interface with program management and the customer to present and status plans for hardware upgrades and sustainment.
The GEDMS program, lead out of Huntington Beach, CA, consists of virtual and geographically distributed team members. The GEDMS team is responsible for the design and sustainment of a family of ship-wide network system variants that include equipment for ruggedized switching, routing, and signal processing. The system is designed for use on U.S. Navy Surface Combatants and foreign ships under Foreign Military Sales. The candidate must be able to develop and communicate technical approaches, trade-offs, risk assessments, and recommendations. Candidate must have experience and be knowledgeable in box/enclosure level design, circuit card design, and the assessment of replacement components due to obsolescence.
Candidate should have experience designing electronics for a military environment, including ruggedized circuit card design. Candidate must be able to lead the design of solutions that meet requirements including signal input/output interfaces with other systems. This will require proficiency in digital logic design, high-speed signal Integrity design, FPGA and programmable logic design, derivation of requirements, simulation, trade studies, design for manufacturability, design for testability and factory support.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location.
· Interact with the customer and program management to present plans and status the implementation of hardware upgrades and sustainment activities.
· Perform project planning, that includes cost, schedule, required resources.
· Lead the development of hardware (circuit card designs, etc.), including prototyping and productization for manufacturing
· Develop personnel task assignments and coordinate engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
· Resolve complex issues related to architectural approaches, requirements, specifications and designs.
· Support Supplier Management activities, including make/buy recommendations and other technical services.
· Develop new concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
· Recommend and manage technology insertion. Works under consultative direction.
· Support technical aspect of proposal preparation.
This position requires an active U.S. Interim Secret or higher Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
· Experience in developing, capturing, and reviewing digital electronic requirements.
· Developing /review test plans for product requirement verification.
· Knowledge of ASICs, FPGAs, Programmable Logic designs.
· Experience with digital logic design, high-speed signal Integrity design.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
· Xilinx FPGA Place/Route tools experience
· Proficient in digital logic design (gate-level & VHDL) & simulation
· Experience with analog circuits, power supplies, EMI protection devices.
· Managing vendor development assemblies to SCD requirements
· Validates designs through various methods of review, testing and analysis.
· Develops designs consistent with requirements and specifications.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace (US Specific):
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award