Systems Engineer / Information Assurance Engineer
Huntington Beach, California; Los Angeles, California
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Systems Engineer / Information Assurance Engineer
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS), Special Programs is seeking a highly productive, self-motivated Systems Engineer / Information Assurance Engineer (Level 3) to support a large high performance computing system. You will work with
multiple engineering and support groups, on both ongoing operational
efforts and exciting future projects for a highly valued, dynamic
program. This position is based in Huntington Beach, CA.
- Providing systems engineering for high performance computing systems, specifically in Cybersecurity, Information Assurance (IA), and Risk Management Framework.
- Interpreting system requirements and provide subject matter expertise to program management and customers.
- Performing security evaluation of vendor hardware, software, documentation and testing, and documenting findings in reports and briefings.
- Evaluating and applying government cybersecurity (DoD, NIST, FIPS, JSIG and NSA) policies and instructions.
- Ensuring system and interface requirements support cybersecurity needs.
- Coordinating with system stakeholders to define IA related system integration needs and schedules, such as certification events and test.
- Preparing test cases, test scripts, test plans and procedures, data collection, lab infrastructure for cybersecurity functions.
- Participating in system and project development, integration activities, and working groups.
- Developing and/or acquiring, installing, configuring and integrating IA/Cybersecurity tools for auditing and assessing the security posture of high performance computing systems.
This position requires an active Current Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Requires successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related scientific or technical discipline.
- Experience in Information Assurance is required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with information assurance/cybersecurity requirements.
- Experience with network communication concepts and architectures, including network transport services and concepts.
- Experience with computer networking and computer security processes.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Possess a security certification such as Security+, CISSP, CISA, CIMS, CAP, CEH.
- Expertise in networking, computing and storage systems information assurance engineering.
- Experience with advanced scripting languages (OO), for example Perl or Python.
- Experience with virtualization technologies to include virtual software, machines and appliance.
- Familiarity with software development tools, including compilers and configuration management tools.
- General knowledge of programming languages (preferred C++ and/or Java), with the strong candidate having: Knowledge of software build processes and debug skills, and systems integration experience across computing platforms.
- General knowledge of system design, analysis and testing, including the ability to perform broad multi-disciplinary trade studies.
- Experience working with Computer Security/ISSO personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.