Boeing Graduate Researcher - Electrophysics Engineer/ScientistHuntsville, Alabama
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Student Research Program is seeking PhD candidates with experience in Flexible Hybrid Electronics and/or Additive Electronics. This research position will provide hands-on experience in the fabrication and testing of additive electronics devices.
This is a full-time, paid research position located in Huntsville, Alabama.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- The ability to work a minimum of 10 weeks (12 weeks preferred) in the Winter/Spring of 2020 in Huntsville, Alabama.
- The ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Understanding of hardware and tooling required to produce additive electronic devices.
- At least 1 year of experience in the design and fabrication of prototype printed electronics devices for factory health monitoring, multilayer board fabrication, or radio frequency communications.
- Must be currently enrolled in a PhD program.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated and must work well in a team environment. Have the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates with prior experience in manufacturing readiness and process reliability.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More