Cybersecurity Engineer - Integrated Air and Missile Defense
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Cybersecurity Engineer - Integrated Air and Missile Defense
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Missile and Weapon Systems (MWS) headquartered in Huntsville, AL is seeking an innovative Cybersecurity Engineer to join our growing Boeing Product Security organization. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of cybersecurity requirements, controls, and best practices; analysis and mitigation of threats, vulnerabilities, and risk; support testing and evaluation; and ensuring the closure of compliance and authorization decisions of our family of Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) products and programs.
You will be a part of Boeing's Product Security organization, which is a growing multi-disciplinary engineering organization that is responsible for the security and resiliency of Boeing's products, platforms, and services. You will have multiple responsibilities across the life-cycle of the IAMD programs and products, including the design and development of next generation missile defense systems. You will have the opportunity to shape and influence Product Security in MWS, and engage with Boeing’s Enterprise Product Security community which spans the globe.
- Cyber and systems security engineering, threat and risk assessment as part of a cyber-maturation process that establishes threat surfaces and mitigations to maximize resiliency and address vulnerabilities
- Design analysis and requirements development to ensure compliant and security products
- Support the establishment of testing and evaluation plans, including cyber test activities
- Cyber table top participation
- Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Cyber Security Framework (CSF) plans, and compliance documentation
- Support assessment of software assurance activities and products, to ensure the security pedigree of our software solutions
- Support scanning, patching, and remediation activities
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Technical Bachelor's, Master's or a PhD degree (technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematics, scientific or information technology field of study)
- Experience defining, allocating, implementing, assessing, and validating cybersecurity related requirements over the entire engineering and product life-cycle
- Experience in performing, documenting, and communicating the analysis of cyber vulnerabilities, threats, and risks
- Experience in working with Risk Management Framework (RMF) or Cyber Security Framework (CSF) plans and considerations
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in the creation and ownership of RMF or CSF strategies and plans for an engineering activity
- Experience in system and component level cyber test and evaluation, including threat and security assessments, and table top exercises
- Experience in software assurance planning and assessment, including static and dynamic code analysis
- Experience in the analysis of patches and updates, with the engineering and product impact assessment
- Experience in supporting or performing cyber threat intelligence analysis
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.