Digital Engineering Chief Architect / Systems EngineerHuntsville, Alabama
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Are you up for the challenge? Do you want free money in your 401k? Do you want job security and a company that invests in you? You need to check us out!
In this exciting role you will work with real-time data and create tools using cutting-edge visualization, development, and analytic technologies.
- Employee Performance Incentives
- Ongoing Training Opportunities
- Boeing Employee Discount Program
- Health Insurance Opt-out Incentives
- Generous 401k Contribution – 10% contribution (NOT A MATCH)
- Student Debt Payoff
- Up to $30k Tuition Assistance
- HSA Contributions
- Professional Development Program
Every day, BI&A supports global missions by building and delivering intelligence, analytics, and cyber solutions that enable users to advance national security. We have provided our customers with the tools needed to counter evolving global and cyber threats, and to improve wartime decision making. Our talented employees bring software development, systems engineering, and advanced analytics expertise. We offer numerous prime contract opportunities with customers headquartered in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia, as well as subcontract opportunities that align with our areas of focus and additional opportunities nationwide through our parent company.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a motivated, talented, and experienced SITR Digital Engineering Chief Architect / Systems Engineer to join the System Integration, Test, and Readiness (SITR) Team in Huntsville, Alabama and lead the program’s digital engineering activities. We are seeking a leader who is experienced in Model Based Engineering (MBE), with a focus on Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), and has a proven record of advocating for and executing Digital Engineering (DE) transformation.
Under the new SITR contract, Boeing is responsible for overall Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Element engineering, integration including physical and logical integration of the GMD Element and components and GMD integration with the Missile Defense System; and planning, and execution of all necessary testing to verify overall requirements compliance. In addition, SITR is responsible for day-to-day systems operations and readiness, performs routine maintenance functions, performs analysis related to GMD Element health and availability, and executes failure/fault checklists, as appropriate.
- Serve as the senior technical lead responsible for digital engineering execution
- Responsible for defining the SITR DE roadmap and overseeing its execution
- Lead technical teams in the development and maturation of MBSE tools, processes and architectures
- Lead technical teams in configuration, data and work flow management of program specific MBSE tools and processes
- Lead technical teams in development of protocol / process for integration of engineering tools with MBSE
- Provide high impact, creative and innovative solutions to complex technical problems
- Work both independently and as part of a dynamic team environment alongside world-class engineers
- Provide critical support and independent review of the work of teammates
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.).
- Technical Bachelor's, Master's or a PhD degree (A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study)
- 10+ years of experience in Model Based Systems Engineering
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience applying and teaching systems engineering processes and principles
- Experience/recognized job expert of system architecture, requirements, interface definition, verification, and validation
- Experience/recognized job expert with complex systems development and integration
- Experience/recognized job expert in modeling or simulation of complex systems
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of systems engineering tools, schedules and metrics (i.e. Earned value management, DOORs, CAMEO)
- Experience/recognized job expert with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Experience/recognized job expert of statistical analysis, distributions, and sampling
- Experience with mentoring and teaching junior engineers
Bachelor's degree and typically 20 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 18 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 15 or more years' experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics Benefits:
Employees are more effective on the job when they are not distracted by health and financial worries. To support our workforce, we offer a wide variety of health, life and other insurance benefits (as described above) that allow each employee to choose the coverage best suited to their needs and the needs of their family.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.