Electrical Ground System Design Engineer P3-1Huntsville, Alabama
The Boeing Company is currently seeking an Electrical Ground System Design Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama.
Work with customers to develop and document electronic and electrical system requirements for the SLS Exploration Upper Stage Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE). Analyze and translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications. Test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements. Monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements. Support fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle. Investigate emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
- Experience working on SLS program and with SLS avionics hardware and software is desirable.
- Experience in space industry and with equivalent products is desirable.
- Experience across a breadth of disciplines including hardware, software, systems and test is desirable.
- Relevant experience leading similar tasks on complex support equipment and training systems, including analysis, inspection, demonstration, and testing of hardware and software, automatic test equipment, test program sets, electrical/electronic equipment, mechanical equipment, computer tools and other technologies using test plans and procedures to verify requirements.
- Coaches and mentors personnel.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation is available for eligible candidates (as authorized).
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More