Engineering Product Lifecycle Management - Engineering Technical SpecialistHuntsville, Alabama
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Research and Technology (BR&T) organization is seeking an Engineering Technical Specialist for our Huntsville, AL site. You will have the opportunity to assist in the development, maintenance and distribution of Engineering Standards for The Boeing Company programs.
- Contributes to the development, documentation, coordination, implementation and configuration control of engineering product standards.
- Assists with training in the utilization of processes and tools, and supports the integration of product standards.
- Assists in providing configuration management, coordinating changes and performing assessments of compliance to standards system requirements.
- Assists in researching and analyzing information so that customer and regulatory requirements are met.
Performing non-technical checks of engineering and other data to verify that the data meets procedural and system requirements.
- Includes authoring standards in XML and a data centric format for delivery to downstream tools.
Investigating and reconciling data discrepancies by coordinating with affected organizations.
- Works under close supervision.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum AA Degree required
- 3+ years of experience using Microsoft Office Products like Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- 1+ years of experience in a previous role where meticulous attention to detail, with emphasis on accuracy and quality was paramount
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong attention to detail
- 1+ years of experience collaborating and working across teams
- 1+ years of experience with technical writing and/or process documentation
- 1+ years of experience in reviewing engineering documentation including drawings, models, specifications and standards
- 1+ years of experience working with data or change management systems
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+1 years' related work experience , 7 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More