Entry Level Multidiscipline EngineerHuntsville, Alabama
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking an Entry Level Multidiscipline Engineer (Level 1) for the Design Center South, which is a multi-function Engineering Organization with a mission statement to provide engineering solutions via a highly skilled flexible workforce and cutting edge technologies for the advancement of the Boeing Enterprise. The Design Center provides engineering support to Enterprise wide projects/programs and is a flexible team that strategically adapts to emerging opportunities. The initial assignment will be in support of the Space Launch System (SLS), VC-25B Presidential Aircraft Recapitalization (PAR), or one of several other exciting programs the Design Center supports in Huntsville Alabama.
- Develops, maintains and modifies basic structural and interior payload system and component designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle.
- Performs tests to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Assists with supplier development, test and production activities and coordination with the supplier to optimize the design and achieve program goals.
- Supports investigation of emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
- Strength analysis will include interpretation of vehicle loads and environments, stress calculations and development of margins of safety with known allowables.
- Observance of program standards and requirements to insure structural integrity, and documentation of stress reports.
- Develops, integrates and documents complex or unique structural requirements to establish the system design.
- Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the product's environment.
- Support and confirmation of fracture assessments for service life requirements.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Qualifications):
- This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in structural design process from conceptual layout phase through build-to package release.
- Experience in Model Based Definition.
- Catia V5 CAD and Enovia skills.
- NX CAD and Teamcenter PDM skills.
- CREO CAD and Windchill skills.
- Excellent strength reporting writing skills.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) including NASTRAN.
- Some experience with launch vehicle structures.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Current degree or December 2019 graduates preferred, will consider May 2020 graduates.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More