Experienced Software Engineer - DevSecOps / Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)Huntsville, Alabama
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Are you up for the challenge? Do you want free money in your 401k? Do you want job security and a company that invests in you? You need to check us out!
In this exciting role you will create world class, next generation disruptive systems and technologies. You will collaborate across the Boeing enterprise, business partners, and teammates to develop, document, analyze, and test operational, functional, and performance requirements of non-recurring development research systems. The successful candidate will lead the software engineering effort for the concept, requirements, architecture, design definition and development of a future system using technologies under development.
ALONG WITH COMPETITIVE SALARIES AND OUR COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS, WE OFFER:
- Employee Performance Incentives
- Ongoing Training Opportunities
- Boeing Employee Discount Program
- Health Insurance Opt-out Incentives
- Generous 401k Contribution – 10% contribution (NOT A MATCH)
- Student Debt Payoff
- Up to $30k Tuition Assistance
- HSA Contributions
- Professional Development Program
Every day, Boeing Intelligence & Analytics supports global missions by building and delivering intelligence, analytics, and cyber solutions that enable users to advance national security. We have provided our customers with the tools needed to counter evolving global and cyber threats, and to improve wartime decision making. Our talented employees bring software development, systems engineering, and advanced analytics expertise. We offer numerous prime contract opportunities with customers headquartered in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia, as well as subcontract opportunities that align with our areas of focus and additional opportunities nationwide through our parent company.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics is seeking an Experienced Software Engineer - DevSecOps / Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join the team to execute the recently awarded Ground-based Missile Defense (GMD) Systems Integration, Test & Readiness contract.
Work Location: Huntsville, AL
Telework Availability: No Telework Availability
In this role, you will help establish and maintain the DevSecOps Software Factory that supports the integration and independent verification and validation (IV&V) of the component software products comprising the GMD program. The successful candidate will design, implement, and maintain a modern system deployment to the GMD Integrated Digital Data Environment (IDDE) with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) workflows for system build, test and deploy in containerized microservices. We seek candidates who have proven skills in DevOps, software development, test automation, and system automation.
- Performs activities to develop, document and maintain complex architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- Performs development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Supports development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics
- Works in a multi-discipline engineering team using Agile process methodologies
- Works under general supervision
Technology areas of this position are:
- Agile product development
- Continuous integration, testing, and delivery
- Automated system testing, integration, and deployment
- Software factory maintenance and upgrades
- Collaboration with developers, testers, and system engineers from multiple product teams
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position requires an Active US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim U.S. Secret Clearance Pre-Start is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering related discipline and at least two (2) years of related work experience
- Experience or training in technologies such as Kubernetes, Rancher, Openshift, Git, Helm, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, or AppDynamics
- Strong programming skills in Java, Python, Go, or C++
- Experience on Automation and CI/CD techniques and design patterns
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Strong knowledge of software testing methods and approaches
- Experience working with both software and hardware-in-the-loop test environments
- Strong Working knowledge of the CI/CD process including debugging, test, and integration of software tools.
- Experience working with and supporting systems with Linux Operating System (OS)
- Strong communication skills and a self-starter that can thrive in a new program start-up environment.
- Understanding of a full stack/Microservice infrastructure.
- Ability to work within a tool-chain using tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Artifactory, ELK, SonarQube, Jira, Prometheus, Fluentd, Helm, DataGrid, JBoss, Cloud Suite, OpenShift, Docker and more.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Masters').
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics Benefits:
Employees are more effective on the job when they are not distracted by health and financial worries. To support our workforce, we offer a wide variety of health, life and other insurance benefits (as described above) that allow each employee to choose the coverage best suited to their needs and the needs of their family.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.