Lead Electrical Design & Analysis Engineer - FPGAHuntsville, Alabama
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking a Lead Electrical Design & Analysis Engineer, with emphasis in Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) design/programming, to join the Design Engineering Team in Huntsville, AL on the Patriot Advanced Capability (PAC-3) missile-defense program.
The Design Engineering team is responsible for designing RADAR seeker upgrades and next generation concepts, as well as supporting production and special test equipment design. Boeing has a multi-year contract to develop, test, and manufacture the PAC-3 RADAR seeker. This program encompasses concurrent design, test and manufacturing as new upgrades to this complex electro-mechanical assembly are incorporated into production. This long-term program is rapidly growing in Huntsville, Alabama due to design updates, production growth, and Boeing facilities consolidations.
- Evaluates and integrates third-party intellectual property (IP) cores and verification IP (VIP) cores
- Identifies critical performance measures and develops processes for computing them.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and programs
- Leads a multi-skilled (electrical, mechanical, project, systems, etc.) engineering design team
- Leads the design of electronic hardware and/or firmware focused on RADAR and high-power applications
- Leads technical aspect of proposal preparation
- Development of test system requirements and verification methodologies
- Leads the development of circuit board designs for engineering and operational systems
- Leads reviews of testing and analysis activity to assure compliance to requirements
- Develops test plans/procedures and execute test events
- Develops of statements-of-work and technical performance specifications
- Develops of test plans/procedures and supports the execution test events
- Leads Root Cause/Corrective Action (RCCA) investigations and resolutions
Leads the planning and execution various methods of testing and analysis to support design and production and to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
Leads formal trade studies and literature research to support future product designs
Recognized as a job expert within the company
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 14 or more years of experience in electrical engineering (or PhD +9 or Masters +12 years related work experience)
- 10 or more years of experience in Digital Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) and/or FPGA design and verification
- 5 or more years of experience leading a multi-skilled (electrical, mechanical, project, systems, etc.) engineering design team
- 2 or more years of experience with LabView
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related science or technology field degree
- Experience with the following languages: Verilog, Very High Speed Integrated Circuit Hardware Description Language (VHDL), Universal Verification Methodology (UVM) using System Verilog for Verification
- Expertise in Gigabit High-Speed Serial Interfaces like Serial RapidIO (SRIO), Aurora, or Peripheral Component Interconnect express (PCIe)
- Expertise using the following software tool suites: Xilinx ISE, Xilinx Vivado, Microsemi
- Ability to understand synthesis reports, perform timing analysis and derive FPGA design constraints/requirements
- Experience building self-checking test benches and bus functional models for FPGA simulation
- Hands on experience with integration and debug
- Knowledge of Linux scripting
- Experience with embedded processor and System On a Chip development
- Significant experience in developing Intellectual Property (IP) Cores for FPGAs
- Expertise with developing Makefiles, Python and Perl scripts
- Experience with developing/designing Digital Signal Processing (DSP) applications such as Digital Filter, Fast Fourier Transforms (FFTs), etc.
- Extensive experience managing/leading engineering projects
- Proven experience effectively communicating and collaborating on multi-discipline teams
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
Typical Education / Experience:
Typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation plan is being offered for internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More