Lead-Senior Software Engineer
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Lead-Senior Software Engineer
Boeing is seeking a Lead-Senior Software Engineer (Level 5) to join the Design Engineering team on the Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) missile-defense program.
The Design Engineering team is responsible for designing RADAR seeker upgrades and next generation concepts, as well as supporting production and special test equipment design. Boeing has a multi-year contract to develop, test, and manufacture the PAC-3 RADAR seeker. This program encompasses concurrent design, test and manufacturing as new upgrades are incorporated into production. This long-term program is rapidly growing in Huntsville due to design updates, production growth, and Boeing facilities consolidations.
Primary Responsibilities as applicable to the PAC-3 program:
- Develop, document, and maintain radar seeker software architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and designs.
- Development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system.
- Development of software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Provides technical leadership for software projects and activities.
- Development, selection, tailoring and deployment of software processes, tools and metrics.
- Leads software fault resolution and continuous improvement activities
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
- Leads, coaches, and evaluates technical efforts of other members of software team to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards.
NOTE: Through August 2019 there may be extensive travel (> 25%) to California while site consolidation activities are completed.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Math, or related technical degree.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance (or higher)
- Experience with radar signal processing
- Experience developing real-time, embedded software
- Knowledgeable of mathematical radar detection and tracking algorithms
- Masters degree (or higher) preferred
- Experience with radar systems test planning and execution
- Experience with data bus communication and interface protocols
- Understanding of electro-magnetic propagation physics
- Extensive experience with software languages such as: C, C++, Ada, Visual Basic, or others
- Experience with software tools such as : Green Hills, Clear Case, LabVIEW, and/or MATLab
- Experience with Software Project Management, Configuration Control, and CMMI
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Yes, 10 % of the Time Missile and Weapon Systems Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company