Lead System Engineer (Analysis) - Missile Defense National Team
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Lead System Engineer (Analysis) - Missile Defense National Team
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
As a Lead System Engineer (Analysis) - Missile Defense National Team, you will support the development, integration, verification, and test of the Ballistic Missile Defense System. Missile Defense programs are part of the Ballistic Missile Defense System which defends the United States homeland and its regional allies all over the world. Be a part of our passionate and highly-motivated team who are excited to be on the forefront of defense of our nation. You will split your responsibilities between directly assigned technical assignments and providing guidance and input to the work of junior team members.
Huntsville is one of the country’s fastest growing technical cities. Located in northern Alabama, it has many of the latest amenities of a larger city but with lower cost of living and easy access to work and play. Huntsville is also within driving distance of most of the attractions in the south-eastern part of the U.S. including beaches, major national sports teams, and Disney World. Come experience our city for yourself.
Missile Defense Programs at the Huntsville site include Command and Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), and Missile Defense National Team (MDNT).
This is a systems engineering system analysis role. Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Evaluate systems under various scenarios and architectures to determine and/or optimize overall system mission performance in a framework giving insight into performance that may be employed by Missile Defense Agency and Warfighters
- Develop and maintain analysis tools of varied fidelity including modeling and simulation tools to predict performance against evolving threats of current and future missile defense systems
- Perform systems analyses of the existing MDS architecture in conjunction with new technologies and concepts for improvements to be considered for future Missile Defense System architectures
- Serving as a subject matter expert for system engineering system performance analysis domains, system-specific issues, processes, and tools
You will be expected to drive the system analysis approach. You will:
- Develop, select, tailor, and deploy system analysis processes, tools, and metrics
- Perform system analysis trade studies to define technical concepts and solutions
- Execute and document system analysis results
- Develop, define efficiencies and improvements to tools to improve team productivity
- You will work under minimal direction.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position requires, at minimum, an Interim Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Minimum technical Bachelor's Degree
- Must have, at minimum, an Interim Secret U.S. Security Clearance
- Individual must be capable of working both independently and in a team environment
- Individual must have strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities, along with horizontal integration skills.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Qualifications):
- Experience using MATLAB, Python, JAVA, or similar language environment to develop analytical tools or perform numerical modeling of complex systems
- Demonstrated experience performing systems analysis or performance analysis including system concept trade studies, operational analysis, requirements analysis, feasibility analysis, system performance measures of effectiveness analysis (incl. technical performance measures), discrimination methods and techniques definition, probability analysis, or vehicle analysis is highly desired
- Experience with EO/IR sensors, RF/Radar sensors, missiles/interceptors, ICBM / hypersonic / MRM / SRM threats, discrimination analysis, detection/tracking, or Command and Control (e.g., C3I, C4I, etc.) is highly desired
- Analysis experience in aspects of missile defense systems such as Aegis Weapons Systems, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control (FOM, GFC), C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EO/IR/RF), kill vehicles, interceptors, hypersonic vehicles, countermeasures, counter-countermeasures, or threats) is desirable
- Element-level experience with Analysis, Assessment, or Verification and familiarity with MDS Performance Tier 1 Metrics (PES, DA, LAD, RSC, etc) is desirable
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance or an active Top Secret clearance highly desired
- Demonstrated leadership experience of technical teams and/or customer coordination experience is desirable
- Experience with Agile Development processes are a plus
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Come join our team!
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.