Mid-Level Electrical Design & Analysis Engineer - PAC-3Huntsville, Alabama
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking a Mid-Level Electrical Design & Analysis Engineer to join the Design Engineering Team in Huntsville, AL on the Patriot Advanced Capability (PAC-3) missile-defense program.
The Design Engineering team is responsible for designing RADAR seeker upgrades and next generation concepts, as well as supporting production and special test equipment design. Boeing has a multi-year contract to develop, test, and manufacture the PAC-3 RADAR seeker. This program encompasses concurrent design, test and manufacturing as new upgrades to this complex electro-mechanical assembly are incorporated into production. This long-term program is rapidly growing in Huntsville, Alabama due to design updates, production growth, and Boeing facilities consolidations.
- Designs electronic hardware and/or firmware focused on RADAR and high-power applications
- Develops circuit board designs for engineering and operational systems
- Develops, documents and maintains electronic and electrical system requirements according to customer desires and contract requirements
- Develops of statements-of-work and technical performance specifications
- Develops of test plans/procedures and supports the execution test events
- Leads Root Cause/Corrective Action (RCCA) investigations and resolutions
- Executes various methods of testing and analysis to support design and production and to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Leads formal trade studies and literature research to support future product designs
- Develops solutions to technical problems
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 5 or more years of experience in electrical engineering (or PhD / Masters +3 years related work experience)
- 3 or more years of experience with digital/analog power electronics
- 2 or more years of experience with Radio Frequency (RF) digital circuit design
- 3 or more years of experience with electronics test methodology
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related science or technology field degree
- Experience in one or more of these focused areas: analog/digital circuits, gimbal design/control, power supply and distribution, firmware/Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), LabView, control systems, RF theory, Electro Magnetic Compatibility.
- Good communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Previous design team or special project team participation
- Experience of Printed Wiring Board (PWB) design processes
- Experience of a broad range of hardware types including RF assemblies, antennas, power supplies (alternating current/direct current (AC/DC)), FPGAs, digital signal processors, and embedded architectures
- Experience of antennas, wave guides, gimbals, filters, complex electronics, RF signal processing, RF amplifiers, RF transceivers, Intermediate Frequency Processing, and/or serial rapid Input/Output (I/O) interfaces (SRIO)
- Experience of digital and RF test equipment including signal generators, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and oscilloscopes
Typical Education / Experience:
Typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation plan is being offered for internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More