Mid-Level Radio Frequency (RF) Design & Analysis Engineer - PAC-3Huntsville, Alabama
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking a Mid-Level Electrical Design & Analysis Engineer (Level 3) to join the Design Engineering Team in Huntsville, AL on the Patriot Advanced Capability (PAC-3) missile-defense program.
The Design Engineering team is responsible for designing RADAR seeker upgrades and next generation concepts, as well as supporting production and special test equipment design. Boeing has a multi-year contract to develop, test, and manufacture the PAC-3 RADAR seeker. This program encompasses concurrent design, test and manufacturing as new upgrades to this complex electro-mechanical assembly are incorporated into production. This long-term program is rapidly growing in Huntsville, Alabama due to design updates, production growth, and Boeing facilities consolidations.
- Designs electronic hardware and/or firmware focused on RADAR and high-power applications
- Develops, documents and maintains electronic and electrical system requirements according to customer desires and contract requirements
- Develops of statements-of-work and technical performance specifications
- Develops of test plans/procedures and supports the execution test events
- Leads Root Cause/Corrective Action (RCCA) investigations and resolutions
- Executes various methods of testing and analysis to support design and production and to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Leads formal trade studies and literature research to support future product designs
- Develops solutions to technical problems
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. (An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 5 or more years of experience in electrical engineering (or PhD / Masters +3 years related work experience)
- 3 or more years of experience with designing Radio Frequency (RF) hardware/circuitry (i.e. filters, power amplifiers, converters, etc.)
- 3 or more years of experience with electronics test methodology
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related science or technology field degree
- Experience in one or more of these focused areas: analog/digital circuits, gimbal design/control, power supply and distribution, firmware/Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), LabView, control systems, RF theory, Electro Magnetic Compatibility.
- Good communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Previous design team or special project team participation
- Experience of Printed Wiring Board (PWB) design processes
- Experience of a broad range of hardware types including RF assemblies, antennas, power supplies (alternating current/direct current (AC/DC)), FPGAs, digital signal processors, and embedded architectures
- Experience of antennas, wave guides, gimbals, filters, complex electronics, RF signal processing, RF amplifiers, RF transceivers, Intermediate Frequency Processing, and/or serial rapid Input/Output (I/O) interfaces (SRIO)
- Experience of digital and RF test equipment including signal generators, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and oscilloscopes
Typical Education / Experience:
Typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation plan is being offered for internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Eligible for 3ERP
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.