Quality Engineer (Associate or Experienced)Huntsville, Alabama
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking a Quality Engineer (Associate or Experienced) to join the Huntsville Quality Engineering group located in Huntsville, AL.
- Researches contractual and Boeing Quality Management System requirements for applicability to specific proposals and program processes and documentation.
- Develops sections of quality metrics, design and production certification plans to ensure compliance with contractual,
- Company and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes capability assessments to support supplier selection activities.
- Participates in various reviews to ensure quality attributes are incorporated into product designs.
- Performs data analysis to ensure manufacturing and test readiness.
- Provides material review dispositions for non-conformances.
- Analyzes non-conformance trends to evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Compiles performance reports and other statistical data to ensure specified processes capability levels are achieved.
- Works under general supervision.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 1+ years of experience collecting data from multiple sources, performing analysis and presenting data
- 1+ years of experience in using Lean+ and/or Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) tools
- 1+ years of experience working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment
- 1+ years of experience performing First Article Inspections (FAI)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience using Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) or similar planning software
- Experience working with AS9100 and/or similar QMS standard
- Experience working with the Boeing Problem Solving Model
- Experience using Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) processes
Typical Education & Experience:
Associate: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Experienced: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position may require travel up to 10% of the time.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range:
Associate USD $73,100 - $98,900
Experienced $88,400 - $119,600
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities