Senior Electrical Design / Analysis EngineerHuntsville, Alabama
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) program has an immediate need for an experienced Electrical Design / Analysis Engineer to support a new Missile Field Design and Launch Support Equipment Design for new and existing work, directed by the Missile Defense Agency. This position is based in Huntsville, AL.
The GMD System is the first and only operationally deployed missile defense program to defend the homeland against long-range ballistic missile attacks. The system provides early detection and tracking during the boost phase, midcourse target discrimination, precision intercept and destruction of inbound ICBMs through force of hit-to-kill technology. As prime contractor, Boeing is designing, producing, integrating, testing and sustaining all GMD components.
- Develop and document electronic and electrical system requirements for the GMD Launch Support Systems Suite of products
- Analyze and translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Support fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Coaches and mentors personnel.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- Ability to obtain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance (Post-Start)
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher
- Minimum 9 years of experience in electrical engineering / electrical design (or Master +7 years, or PhD +4 years}
- Experience designing, developing, testing and evaluating hardware used in military applications
- Active / Current Secret U.S. Security Clearance
- Experience tracing requirements to incorporate into engineering design is highly preferred
- Relevant experience leading similar tasks on complex support equipment and training systems, including; analysis, inspection, demonstration, testing of hardware and software, automatic test equipment, test program sets, electrical/electronic equipment, and mechanical equipment.
- Experience with computer tools and other technologies using test plans and procedures to verify requirements.
- Experience working on Missile Defense programs with avionics hardware and software
- Experience in aerospace industry and with equivalent products
- Experience across a breadth of disciplines including hardware, software, systems and test
- Experience coaching and mentoring teammates
Typical Education / Experience:
Typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is located in Huntsville, AL and does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More