Senior Systems Engineer - BMDS Chief Integrator - National Team
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Senior Systems Engineer - BMDS Chief Integrator - National Team
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Missile Defense Agency National Team – Engineering (NT-E) Systems Chief Integrator. This position reports directly to the National Team Program Director. As a National Team Lead with accompanying engineering integration staff, this position works as Technical Advisor and Deputy to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Engineering Directorate System Integrator (MDA DESI. This role enables the execution of system level integration of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). It includes understanding capability needs and critical system interdependencies at allocated integration points throughout the system engineering development process. The position comprehends, assesses and develops multi-element engagement(s) utilizing industry reachback and National Team source material to drive MDS (Missile Defense System) integration issues to closure from system concept through declaration assessments for all technical baseline behaviors, functionalities, capabilities and performance.
- The MDA Systems Chief Integrator provides technical oversight of the SI Team’s activities coordinating integration of MDS capabilities.
- The candidate will be required to interface with MDA’s Directorate of Engineering (MDA/DE) and associated MDA Element programs to facilitate and guide integration collaboration, review of integration disconnects and/or issues and their settlement through resolution while remaining aligned with the National Team’s Program Chief Engineer, Chief Architecture and IPT Lead’s in the domains of System Requirements & Concepts (SC&R), Integrated Discrimination (IDT) and Integration, Verification and Test (IVT).
- This position leads technical engineering efforts (analysis, evaluation & assessments) to include preparation of engineering products and briefings for MDA Engineering system level milestone reviews, design reviews, and/or monthly MDS Working Group meetings.
- The successful candidate leads engineering products and SE process updates and their respective acceptances through the established MDA approvals.
- The candidate leads a strong diverse team required to identify and track MDS SI issues and action items and leads each through resolution.
- The MDA NT-E SI Chief Integrator will develop and present technical and programmatic briefings to the National Team Leadership and senior MDA management/leadership, on an as-needed basis.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum bachelor's degree.
- This position requires previous leadership experience with systems engineering processes and their implementations to include requirements development and analysis, architecture databases/tools (e.g., DOORS and System Architect), and documentation (e.g., specifications and interface control documents).
- Also, requires experience in project planning and scheduling, cost and schedule management.
- Must have experience working in close coordination and partnership with government sponsors while understanding the dynamics of developing products within a diverse team of multiple contractors and customers.
- Broad Systems Engineering background with strong coordination, communication and horizontal integration skills are required.
- Experience in leading a systems engineering team in collaboration and approval of engineering products through engineering reviews and engineering milestone events is required.
- Requires demonstrated leadership experience integrating the BMDS or other large scale DoD weapons systems.
- Ability to develop, coordinate, and communicate plans and actions; including ability to lead and perform analysis across multiple sub-systems; experience applying sound systems engineering practices to integration of a system while thoroughly identifying critical system focus areas, interdependencies and technical/schedule disconnects and their proposed resolution.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active Top Secret Clearance is highly desired
Experience with BMDS elements (e.g., DE, BC, GM and AB) and weapon system development capabilities is highly desired
System experience and versatility in several BMDS functional areas (i.e., BMDS related sensors, weapons, battle management and command, control, communications) are desirable
Technical experience with BMDS Elements and their integration including: defining integration objectives, writing integrations plans and strategies, resolving technical systems integration issues and reporting integration results
BDS Engineering Candidates Desired
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 20 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+15 years' related work experience, Master+18 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.