Senior Systems Engineer - Subsystem SEIT Lead
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Senior Systems Engineer - Subsystem SEIT Lead
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Homeland Missile Defense Space Layer (HMDSL) Systems Engineering Integrated Team (SEIT) lead is responsible for leading a multi-disciplined engineering team in the design, development and maturation of the HMDSL System. This position reports to the Systems Engineering Integrated Team Manager, in Huntsville, AL.
These responsibilities drive program execution and engineering excellence resulting in Workforce Effectiveness, First Time Quality, Innovation, and increased Productivity.
The candidate will lead Specialty Engineering activities for a development program in a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment and be responsible for:
- Functional Decomposition, Architectural definition, Requirements development & Verification, Interface definition and control, Analysis, Design review
- System level modeling, simulation and analysis
- Key disciplines including Safety, Reliability and Maintainability, Environments, Open Systems Architecture, Program Protection, Human Systems Integration and Parts Materials & Processes
- Supporting key contract milestones and associated deliverables
- Developing a cohesive and effective multiple disciplined engineering team
- The candidate develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports, while achieving goals for cost, schedule, productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- The candidate keeps management and the team informed by communicating daily status, metrics, progress to plan and listening and responding to employee concerns and suggestions. The candidate communicates policies and directives enhancing employee awareness of expectations.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum technical bachelor's degree
- Ability to obtain Top Secret SSBI clearance
- Experience with Space Systems Engineering
- Leadership of multi-disciplinary teams
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering methods and tools
- Experience with System Modeling and Simulation methods and tools
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - 6
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.