Systems Engineer - Systems Analysis - MDNT
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Systems Engineer - Systems Analysis - MDNT
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Missile Defense National Team (MDNT) provides systems engineering solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) for the development and evolution of the Missile Defense System (MDS). The MDS is an integrated, layered architecture that provides multiple opportunities to destroy missiles and their warheads before they can reach their targets. In addition to these areas of focus, we also are building models to assess impacts to electronic attack and employment of electronic protection technology. We have subject matter experts spanning specialties in Radar, high energy weapons, Electro-Optical/infrared (EO/IR), pattern recognition, remote sensing, modeling & simulation (M&S), tracking, sensor and data fusion, imaging, statistical methods, missile technology, interceptors & kill-vehicles, battle management, concept development, and test.
- The Integrated Discrimination Team (IDT) is a product team that performs systems analyses of the existing MDS architecture in conjunction with new technologies and concepts to be considered for future MDS architectures. IDT performs analyses using varied fidelity models and simulations to predict performance against evolving threats of current and future sensors, weapons, and counter-countermeasure concepts. In addition, IDT evaluates decision logic and prototypes various scenarios and architectures to optimize overall system performance in a framework giving insight into performance improvements that may be employed by MDA. IDT works closely with the MDA, FFRDCs, along with various contractors and suppliers to bring about conceptual improvements, models & simulations to help define system improvements, new requirements, and perform architecture trade studies to help assess performance benefits of future systems.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum bachelor's degree.
- The successful applicant must have a technical background in Engineering, Math, or Physics with numerical modeling and simulation, using a high level programming language such as MATLAB, Python, Java, FORTRAN, or similar language environment, and any of the following: system concept trade studies, operational analysis, requirements analysis, feasibility analysis, system performance measures of effectiveness analysis (incl. technical performance measures), discrimination methods and techniques definition, EO/IR sensors, RF/Radar sensors, missiles/interceptors, ICBM / hypersonic / MRM / SRM threats, discrimination analysis, detection/tracking, or Command and Control (e.g., C3I, C4I, etc.).
- Individual must possess good communication skills.
- Capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Demonstrated education/experience with System Engineering System Analysis including system performance analysis.
- Analysis experience in aspects of the Ballistic missile defense system (e.g., Aegis Weapons Systems, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control (FOM, GFC), C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EO/IR/RF), kill vehicles, interceptors, hypersonic vehicles, countermeasures, counter-countermeasures, or threats.
- Element-level experience with Analysis, Assessment, or Verification and familiarity with MDS Performance Tier 1 Metrics (PES, DA, LAD, RSC, etc).
- Systems engineering experience with large, complex systems.
- Candidates with current TS clearance desired.
- BDS Engineering Candidates Desired
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.