F - 18 Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly and Installation)Jacksonville, Florida
Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is recruiting for a F-18 Senior Manufacturing Engineer to develop and implement production and tooling methodologies. Location is at Cecil Field, FL. in the F-18 Flight Control Repair Center.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus.
- Leads Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to integrate technical solutions across multiple disciplines.
- Develops, identifies and implements conceptual designs and maintains the program architecture for build.
- Leads and implements manufacturing plans
- Conducts producibility and variation analyses to ensure that manufacturing process capability matches requirements
- Assists in providing producibility information for inclusion in project plans and helps document producibility best practices
- Analyzes design/build concepts to evaluate producible design/build definitions
- Resolves technical problems of significant impact to performance, cost or schedule
- Coordinates and implements new engineering principles, theories, advanced technologies and concepts
- Validates and ensures production readiness of solutions to complex problems. Implements lean principles and technologies
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree required from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry is required
- Knowledge with manufacturing process and assembly sequencing
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirements are mandatory for this position.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Currently have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Chemistry
- 5+ years of Electrical, Aerospace, Industrial, and/or Mechanical Engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience do you have in leading a Production Engineering Team
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- ABET accreditation degree preferred.
- Experience with design engineering processes and effects to manufacturing
- Knowledge in Computer Added Manufacturing Processes
- Ability to work shipside with manufacturing support and manufacturing build team
- Experience in Lean processes
- 1+ years of experience with GOLD/IGOLD and CMPro
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More