Cybersecurity Data Loss Prevention Specialist, Mid-Level or SeniorKent, Washington
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Cybersecurity Data Loss Prevention (DLP) specialist to join our growing team. You will be responsible for assisting in the evaluation and improvement of Data Protection controls deployed across the enterprise, as well as participate in the development, implementation and coordination of the overall data protection strategy. This role can be based out of any of our Boeing sites. Our team is currently hiring for an opportunity for either Mid-Level or Senior-Level.
As a Data Loss Prevention specialist, you will provide support and oversight for security technologies in this domain. Working closely with other Technology Teams and business areas you will ensure sound and consistent implementation of the Data Protection strategy and controls. Additionally, this role will help lead the effort to implement, operationalize and support the Enterprise DLP solution, including:
- Enterprise deployment
- Policy configurations
- Risk mitigations
- Rule tuning to help minimize and reduce false positives/negatives
- Reporting and metrics
- Deliver capabilities as defined by the strategic roadmap
- Design holistic Enterprise DLP capabilities leveraging multiple technologies across endpoints, web traffic, and corporate email
- Collaborate with partner teams on the planning, implementation, and rollout of Enterprise DLP solutions
- Identification of threats and risks to drive and prioritize DLP security controls
- Work with vendors to support our DLP technologies (troubleshooting, upgrades, etc.)
- Tune and baseline data security policies, monitoring and alerts as well as support the incident response process through event escalation
- Perform risk, vulnerability and threat model assessments
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. This role is based out of any of the US Boeing locations.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Technical Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3 or more years’ hands-on experience implementing, administrating and supporting cybersecurity technologies
- Experience delivering architecture and design solutions supporting cybersecurity or information technology
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Familiarity with systems engineering concepts
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Technical bachelor’s degree and typically 9 or more years’ related work experience
- At least 3 years hands-on experience implementing, administrating and supporting data security technologies which includes policy configuration, patching, upgrading and tuning
- Experience developing architecture and design solutions supporting data security
- Strong understanding of AWS, Azure and GCP cloud-native DLP technologies and integrations
- Experience automating technical tasks e.g. scripting, regex, APIs
- Ability to independently and proactively research and solve technical issues
- Experience supporting Data Security products and initiatives including:
- Encryption solutions (e.g. Vormetric)
- User Behavior Analytics (e.g. Varonis)
- Enterprise Data Loss Prevention (eDLP) (e.g. ForcePoint)
Typical Education and Experience:
Technical bachelor’s degree and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 3 or more years’ or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematics, scientific or information technology field of study.
Technical bachelor’s degree and typically 9 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 7 or more years’ or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award