Engineering Manager - KKent, Washington
Boeing Phantom Works is seeking an Engineering Manager in the Puget Sound to lead a highly skilled team of approximately 15 to 20 engineers to deliver solutions for critical missions of a national interest. The selected candidate will be expected to work closely with the Program Manager, Chief Engineer, IPT leads, and Management team to execute projects; define, prioritize, and track engineering assignments to meet program objectives; and facilitate career development for the engineering team.
The candidate must have a strong sense of responsibility for the success of the program and be able to motivate a group of individuals to achieve a common objective with shared values and processes.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
- Manages employees performing activities within multiple (2 or more) engineering disciplines
- Develops and executes project and process plans, including implementing Earned Value Management
- Implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals
- Acquires resources for projects and processes and leads process improvements
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
- Ensures that the proper staff, facilities, equipment, and tools are available for support and engineering staff are available to execute the program SOW
- Manages, develops and motivates employees
- Active TS security clearance required
- Engineering Management experience (3+ years)
- Extensive engineering experience (10+ years)
- Prior experience with space systems and space industry
- Broad background encompassing structure, mechanisms, propulsion, power, thermal, avionics, software, GNC (guidance, navigation & control), systems engineering and related analysis disciplines
- Experience as a CAM implementing EVMS
- Experience managing subcontractors
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Typical Education & Experience
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- 10+ years of engineering experience on aircraft, spacecraft, launch vehicle or unmanned system programs
- At least 5 years of demonstrated leadership developing, building, testing, and operating space hardware
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More