High Performance Compute Specialist ArchitectKent, Washington; Seattle, Washington; Everett, Washington; Hazelwood, Missouri; North Charleston, South Carolina
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Compute Infrastructure Solutions is currently looking for a High Performance Compute Specialist Architect to join their team. The HPC service provides state-of-the-art computing resources to Boeing engineers.
Work Locations: WA (Seattle, Kent, Everett), MO (Hazelwood), SC (North Charleston)
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as this will focus on working with the Enterprise HPC council to set architectural direction for HPC clusters and associated environments.
- Develop management system to run workloads based on cost and performance efficiency
- Explore new API based interfaces, such as Dask and Jupyter
- Define new tailored HPC solutions based on business requirements
- Consult with Engineering to make job runs more efficient and effective
- Develop documentation for information such as configuration, installation and user guides
- Tests delivery systems and components to ensure functionality according to plans
- Mentor and teach advanced complex technology practices
- Participate in industry HPC forums and conferences to drive requirements and direction on future technologies.
- Lead the gathering of documentation and information used to capture, structure and accurately represent stakeholders' requirements.
- Handle complex end user problems
- Develop HPC Service Quality Metrics
- Work with applications to evaluate changes to environment, such as containers and clouds
- Evaluate next generation user interfaces and tools for HPC
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 7+ years of experience in a dedicated HPC role
- 10+ years of experience in computing infrastructure design and architecture
- Experience using or applying metrics to measure quality of service delivery
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or higher
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.