Mid Level Software Engineer
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Mid Level Software Engineer
The Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) P-8 Poseidon program is the premier Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) platform for the US Navy and several international partners. Recent contract awards have enabled team expansion and growth. This franchise program is anticipated to continue to be a stable program for the foreseeable future.
The P-8 Poseidon program in Kent, WA is seeking software engineers to be part of our Mission Systems Software development team. The program has recently transitioned to modern software development processes and tools employing Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) as the basis for our software development approach. Engineers on this team support a complex set of US and international customers, and are responsible for key capabilities such as weapons integration, sensor integration, data fusion, tactical data links, Operator Machine Interface (OMI), as well as the software execution environment for the platform, Simulation and Trainer support software.
- Designs and develops Mission Systems, Simulation or Trainer support software
- Use case development for software requirements
- Software architecture trade studies and modifications to meet new requirements
- Interface definition development
- Unit and integration testing
- Participates in peer reviews
- Develops root cause analysis and correction for delivered products
- Supports system test, aircraft delivery, and ground and flight-based test events
- Executes and documents software research and development projects
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations
The successful candidate enjoys working collaboratively with others, has a commitment to customer satisfaction and process improvement, and is successful working in a multi-contract/multi-program environment.
The Basic Relocation Package has been authorized for eligible internal candidates.
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Clearance Requirement: This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in:
- Software development using Java (preferred), C++ or C
- Linux or Windows development environments
- Object Oriented Design
- Significant experience in the following areas is highly desired
- Specific scripting languages: XML, Pearl, Python
- Agile software development processes
- Use case development
- Protocols: Networking, Serial, Device I/O, Wireless Communication
- Development of Training software and User Interface design
- Troubleshooting H/W and S/W issues in a complex environment
- Supporting as-run test reports and other contractual deliverables
- Experience in one or more of the following domain areas: sensors & sensor integration, weapons & weapon integration, tactical data links, trainers
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.