Mid-Level Systems Administrator - Linux and WindowsKent, Washington; Tukwila, Washington
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing’s Specialized United States (US) Infrastructure Organization is currently seeking three Mid-Level Systems Administrator - Linux and Windows to join their teams in Tukwila, Washington and Kent, Washington. This position will install, operate, secure and maintain dedicated Program Information Technology Infrastructure that is required to deliver products to our customers. The primary focus for this position will be supporting program dedicated infrastructure that must meet Risk Management Framework. The infrastructure will support various application stacks including Engineering design and analysis tools, Software Development Environments (Jira, GIT, Jenkins, etc), Oracle, Structured Query Language (SQL) databases, Java, etc.
- Work directly with programs to ensure Information Technology infrastructure solutions meet the program requirements and schedules
- Perform a multi-disciplined range of technical systems and application activities
- Design, install, configure, troubleshoot and provide maintenance of systems hardware, software and components
- Ensure Information Technology infrastructure conforms with standard architectural objectives
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Develop solutions that are imaginative, thorough, predictable, and consistent with organization objectives
- Determine and develop approaches to solutions
- Receive general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives
- Contribute to the completion of specific programs and projects
- Represent the organization by providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Ability to obtain a US Top Secret Security Clearance
- 3+ years of experience in performing system administration tasks on Windows and Linux hosts including installing security patches and making configuration changes to support security requirements
- 4+ years of experience in integrating hardware and software components into a functional system
- 4+ years of experience with computing administration to include managing Microsoft active directory design, deploy and operational support
- 3+ years of experience working with Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Integration in a Linux or Windows environment
- 4+ years of experience working within multi-disciplined teams to resolve business impacting computing issues
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 2+ years of experience in architecture, designing, and implementing a DevOps infrastructure for a program
- 2+ years of experience working with Virtual Systems (i.e. VMWare) design and implementation
- Experience with High Performance Computing (HPC) applications and frameworks
- 3+ years of experience with standardized Network Protocols and Services (i.e. Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)/Internet Protocol (IP), Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Firewalls, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with Oracle and SQL Database Administrator (DBA)
- The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Security+ Continuous Education (CE) Certification
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.)
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This Position is for 1st Shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary Salary Range: $94,350-$127,650
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities