P-8 Mission Systems Design EngineerKent, Washington
The Boeing company is seeking highly motivated and talented Design Engineers for an opportunity to shape the look and feel of one of our highly utilized systems integration lab in the Puget Sound area.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
- Designs test hardware, software and systems to achieve test requirements.
- Uses analytical tools to verify the design.
- Analyzes, processes, and formats data to customer requirements.
- Reviews test data, including off-nominal data, for accuracy, quality and/or fidelity prior to delivery to customer.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office products
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills & Experience):
- Experience working in a lab environment.
- Prior CATIA, VISIO, and PL2000 experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the design and testing of electrical hardware and wiring
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in building prototype test equipment hardware (cable assemblies, chassis, racks, circuit cards, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in reporting/data analytical tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, and Maximo
- Experience with systems architecture, requirements development and test & verification
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More