Senior Data Loss Prevention SpecialistKent, Washington; Hazelwood, Missouri; Seal Beach, California; Herndon, Virginia
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking an experienced Data Loss Prevention (DLP) specialist to join our growing team. This position will be responsible for assisting in the evaluation and improvement of Data Protection controls deployed across the enterprise, as well as participate in the development, implementation and coordination of the overall data protection strategy.
As a senior Data Loss Prevention specialist you will provide oversight for security technologies in this domain, while working closely with other Technology Teams and business areas to ensure sound and consistent implementation of the Data Protection strategy. Additionally, this role will help in leading the effort to implement, operationalize and support the Enterprise DLP solution, including:
- Enterprise deployment
- Policy configurations
- Risk mitigations
- Rule tuning to help minimize and reduce false positives/negatives
- Reporting and metrics
- Deliver capabilities as defined by the strategic roadmap
- Design holistic Enterprise DLP capabilities leveraging multiple technologies across endpoints, web traffic, and corporate email
- Collaborate with partner teams on the planning, implementation, and rollout of Enterprise DLP solutions
- Identification of threats and risks to drive and prioritize DLP security controls
- Work with vendors to support the DLP technologies (troubleshooting, upgrades, etc.)
- Monitor and respond to alerts generated from the DLP systems and other technologies as well as follow the incident response process through event escalation
- Perform risk and vulnerability assessments
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for Audit, Compliance and Regulatory data security requirements
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- At least 3 years performing implementation, administration and support of Data Loss Prevention technologies which includes configuring policies, patching, upgrading and tuning
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a cyber security role
- Experience delivering architecture and design solutions supporting data security
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Strong understanding of AWS, Azure and GCP cloud-native DLP technologies and integrations
- Ability to independently and proactively research and solve technical issues
- Excellent teaming skills
- Strong critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Proven and effective verbal and written communication skills
- 5 plus years experience supporting Enterprise level Data Loss Prevention products and initiatives, across common data loss vectors, including:
- Data at rest e.g. file shares, content management systems, databases & local storage
- Data in motion i.e. transport of data to/from data repositories, web access/transfers & sending corporate email
- Data in use – e.g. saving sensitive data to removable media, email creation or creation of local (endpoint) file(s) containing sensitive information
Typical Education & Certifications:
Standard Level 4 requirements - Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, related field or equivalent U.S. Armed Forces experience
Preferred certifications: CISSP, GIAC, CEH, GSEC, DLP vendor or equivalents
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award