With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Help create the ground station of the future for unmanned vehicles. Find your future with us!
The Boeing Company is seeking a Software Engineer to join the Maui Space Surveillance group located in Kihei, HI.
Software & Systems Engineer needed on the Research and Development for Advanced Space Superiority Technology and Engineering (RASTER) Program, Maui Space Surveillance Site on Maui, HI. The incumbent will support scientific research and development projects aimed at discovering / developing systems and advanced techniques for space situational awareness involving both imaging and non-imaging techniques. Knowledge (and interest in) image and signal processing with exceptional skills in applied physics and math and strong software development skills are required.
Join an inspiring Boeing team supporting state of the art technology while advancing research in Space Situational Awareness capabilities for the warfighter. Be a part of a team developing mount control, sensor integration, remote operations and leverage Machine Learning to analyze complex data across a variety of customer programs.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Performs software project management and software supplier management functions
- Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics
- Executes and documents software research and development projects
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards
- Works under general direction
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Obtain Secret US Security clearance (Post-Start)
- Ability to obtain Secret US Security clearance (Post-Start)
- Must have familiarity with math based analytical tools such as MATLAB
- Ability to develop software models of physical systems and scientific phenomena using UNIX/ LINUX and Windows based computing platforms
- Programming skills in languages such as Python, Java, C, C++, MATLAB, and R
- Analyzed and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various deployed systems
- In-depth knowledge of classical machine learning and deep learning concepts
- Developed and delivered computer vision applications using deep learning algorithms and Tensorflow and Keras libraries
- Hands-on experience with computer vision, machine learning, and deep learning algorithm development.
- Knowledge of basic astronomy, photometry, estimation theory, development of parallel code, and orbital mechanics is desired
- Experience or education with ground based optical telescopes, electro-optical systems, sensors, lasers, and supercomputing platforms is also desired
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience)
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
6J7BI3 (641) - Software Engineer 3 (Software Engineer
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.