F-22 Aircraft Mechanic - ElectricianLangley Air Force Base, Virginia
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services BGS is seeking an Electrical Aircraft Mechanic to support the F-22 program at Langley Air Force Base (AFB), Virginia.
In this role you will be responsible for performing maintenance repair and upgrades on F-22 systems and electrical. You will utilize aircraft technical orders, publications, blueprints and drawings to perform a variety of maintenance actions on aircraft systems and sub systems including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneudraulic, and engines.
- Mechanic maintains repairs and modifies aircraft electrical components of moderate difficulty.
- Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components.
- Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair,
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical theory.
- Must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
- Working knowledge of technical publications.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at Langley AFB, VA.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3 or more years aircraft maintenance experience.
- Willingness to work variable shifts including weekends and overtime
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience launching, recovering, repairing, and servicing military fighter aircraft F-15, F-16, F-18, A-10, F-22, F-35
- 3 years aircraft maintenance experience
- 1 year 5th generation aircraft maintenance experience
- Experience maintaining aircraft electrical systems
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting aircraft avionics systems.
Typical Education/ Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years of related work, Bachelor, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for a rotational shift.
Potential Signing Bonus for Eligible/Qualified candidate.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $59,500 - $80,500
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award