Aircraft Mechanic IILangley Field, Virginia
Boeing Global Services is seeking an experienced Aircraft Mechanic II to support our business.
• Perform structural and electrical modifications at various F-22 US Air Force sites.
• Boeing anticipates long term scope performing F-22 modifications for the US Air Force.
• These particular modifications are scheduled to start at Langley AFB May '19 and continue through Sep '21.
• The same modifications will also initiate at Hickam AFB and Elmendorf AFB Mar '20.
• There will be opportunity for some on the crew to start at Langley and transfer to either of the other sites.
• Some will likely remain at Langley to carry on with on-going work.
• Additional modifications are also being planned creating long term job security.
• Includes travel expenses so candidates are not required to be home based at any given site.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• 4-8 years aircraft electrician or structures experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Fighter aircraft maintenance experience.
• F-22 aircraft maintenance experience.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Yes, 100 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More