Mid-Level Systems Engineer - Spacecraft Vehicle Engineer
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Mid-Level Systems Engineer - Spacecraft Vehicle Engineer
The Boeing Company is seeking a Mid-Level Systems Engineer - Spacecraft Vehicle Engineer (VE) (Level 3) to support daily operations in the end to end technical management of a spacecraft mission. The VE will serve as a focal point for vehicle technical issues and functions, and coordination between site and factory engineering teams. The VE will provide on-site operational support and oversight, and implementation guidance for anomaly resolution and special test activities. Ensure long-term activities are planned and coordinated, and are ready for execution in a timely manner for spacecraft operations or the spacecraft factory provider. Regular on-call support and occasional support of off-hours activities is required.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Evaluates customer and /operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Providing daily oversight of vehicle payload functionality.
- Reviewing operational logs.
- Daily trend plots analysis.
- Limit check review.
- Support of factory/customer requests for specific monitoring.
- Coordinating implementation of Boeing Factory Recommendations.
- Coordination of technical issues with local and Factory experts.
- Conducting review(s) and closure(s) of discrepancy reports, providing support to the daily Site- Factory interface meeting.
- Developing scripts and tools with Perl, Python, Matlab, Excel/VBA, etc.
- Updating documentation as required.
- Maintaining knowledge of vehicle contingency procedures.
- Maintaining current workarounds and memograms.
- Maintaining/updating vehicle databases as required.
- Supporting memogram development, providing oversight to anomaly resolution from the system perspective.
- Support calibration activities as required.
- Reviewing and reporting trend analysis.
- Support deployments to contingency command and control facilities.
- Provide weekly and monthly status of vehicle performance.
- Provide vehicle payload specific briefings and written reports as required.
- Support of special Systems Engineering tests and transition related activities.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active/current Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience working in a complex engineering environment.
- Developing scripts and tools with Perl, Python, Matlab, etc.
- Experience using Microsoft Office tool suite.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Strong Excel/VBA skills.
- Capable of maintaining a clear focus in a dynamic, real-time environment.
- A self-starter
Typical Education / Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.