Space Vehicle Controller/Engineer - Entry Level
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Space Vehicle Controller/Engineer - Entry Level
The Boeing Company is seeking a Space Controller/Engineer (SVC) (Level 1) in Las Cruces, NM. The SVC will be responsible for command and control of space vehicles (SV), telemetry monitoring, and execution and verification of products loaded to the SV. This position requires working a variety of fluctuating schedules (24x7). The candidate must be willing to work rotating shifts which include working days, nights, weekends and/or holidays.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Ensuring integrity of the ground system and command path in support of the mission.
- Use MS-Windows or UNIX based computers for the development of the operational plan and analysis of data collected in support of planning future contacts or anomaly resolution.
- Coordination with management and peers to ensure the integrity of high quality operational products, including procedures, tools, detailed event logging, and system configuration.
- Analyze technical data, verify and sustain specific systems configuration in accordance with defined constraints and operational requirements.
- Monitor system performance and control system elements by executing commands to change the system configuration in order to achieve mission objectives. This position may support future system testing and integration requirements.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance (Pre-Start) for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Classroom or work related experience with aerospace engineering vehicles.
Typical Education / Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position requires the successful completion of a certification program.
- Selected candidate will be provided specialized training in order to learn the necessary skills related to ground and SV configuration management allowing them to obtain the necessary certifications required for this position.
- The certification requires a combination of self-study and on-the-job (OJT) training.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.