Senior Software Engineer
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Senior Software Engineer
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing InterContinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Operational Software Sustainment Program (IOSSP) is seeking engineers to support critical nuclear certified software updates on Hill AFB, UT. Boeing is the software OEM for Aerial Vehicle Equipment (AVE) and the Wing Code Processing System (WCPS) software and hardware end items. This program includes both software sustainment and development efforts under contract to the U.S. Air Force customer. There is currently an opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer who will support IOSSP activities, including the study, design, implementation, checkout, and qualification of software or hardware updates. Initially, several trips to the Boeing facility in Huntington Beach, CA may be required to accomplish knowledge transfer and to perform coordination with the existing technical team.
- Adhere to Boeing software processes in performing software development (ISO S9100, CMMI level 5)
- Lead and develop test documentation in accordance with IO 99-103 format
- Lead and conduct testing activities, including dry runs and formal qualification testing
- Lead and perform development of design changes required to resolve the above issues, to include qualification regression testing, as required
- Lead and perform activities required to prepare for and conduct major customer events such as Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, Test Readiness Review, and Functional Configuration Audit / Physical Configuration Audit
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelors Degree or higher in an engineering or science related field
- Experience building test plans/procedures and conduct system test
- Experience writing test reports.
- 3 years or more experience in computer programming in C, C#, C++, Ada or other common programming languages
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- FORTRAN programming experience
- Prior nuclear critical communication equipment development experience
- Prior Minuteman III ICBM weapon system experience
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.