Business Operations SpecialistLondon, England
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Government Services Mid-Level Programme Support Officer/Business Operations Specialist operates within a Portfolio Programme environment augmenting and/or leading Call Off Contracts within a highly complex and multi organizational environments to deliver complex change initiative for Cyber, Security and Intelligence orientated deliveries.
As a successful candidate you will be embedded within rainbow and stripy teams working alongside customers in dynamic and operationally focused deliveries. Your advocacy and knowledge will be vital in helping the customer achieve their business objectives within Programme, Project and Service Deliveries. You will act as ambassador for the Boeing company at the delivery level and will be responsible for delivering support to business solution deliveries in line with the Long Range Business Plan. This includes supporting the generation and delivery of opportunities within the scope of Business Operations. As a Business Operations Specialist, you will support the delivery of a number of programmes for the most exciting and progressive government agencies.
Working as part of our passionate and highly-motivated Government Services team, you will be at the forefront of working to deliver solutions that ensure the UK is a safe place live and work.
The position undertakes the following:
- Assists in the development and integration of programs plans strategies and processes to meet business goals for authorization such as sourcing strategy for commitment of work cost imperatives deployment analysis and impact mitigation
- Supports the coordination and clarifies the analysis with business partners to validate results and determine scope to meet long range business goals and develop business case
- Supports the coordination of the commitments with internal and external organizations to fulfil strategies
- Identifies risk and opportunity potential develops mitigation planning and refines the business case
- Meets with leadership to gain approval
- Collects organizes and provides data according to established processes within the management system to maintain status of programs customer and supplier commitments and compliance
- Ensures follow up action for issue resolution
- Applies advanced job principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts as well as advanced job practices, techniques, and standards
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Develops solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions
- Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results, reaching erroneous decisions or making recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Interacts frequently with inter-organizational personnel and external customers
- Represents the organization by providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects
- Build new relationships with customers and other members of the team within a project environment
- Support the team to influence the direction of the projects to ensure the desired aims are achieved
- Working collaboratively with third parties to deliver effective change
- Manage changing user needs within a project life cycle
Qualifications and Experience
You will be an energetic self-starter with the correct aptitude and attitude that can build enduring customer intimacy and high performing teams within an exciting and demanding sector.
You will be experienced within Programme Support and Business Operations with a willingness to learn.
Experience in one of the following domains;
- Secure Government
- Commercial Cyber Solutions
Essential: Financial and Planning experience
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will hold, or have the ability to obtain, Security Clearance (DV)
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More