Government Affairs AnalystLondon, England
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing’s UK Government Affairs team is based in Westminster, London. Its function is to understand and influence public policy and the political landscape. Working closely with colleagues in the EU and internationally, the team works across a very large portfolio of high-profile, high-stakes issues of critical importance to Boeing, across Boeing’s business divisions (including commercial, defence and services) on issues such as trade, environment, defence, security and space, and aviation policy.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and experienced individual to join the team. While the applicant will be expected to work on and be familiar with all the issues in the UK & Ireland Government Affairs portfolio, the job holder’s role and responsibilities will focus on:
- Leading on Boeing’s UK & Ireland environment and sustainability public policy agenda
- Advocacy across policy issues within UK Parliament, including MPs and Lords
- Aviation strategy, including the future of air mobility
- Boeing’s commitment to the prosperity of the UK, up and down the nation
The applicant will be expected to have:
- Significant experience and demonstrated understanding of UK politics, government and public policy
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Acute and demonstrated political antennae
- Demonstrated policy making skills
- Bachelor-level degree or higher, ideally in political, business or psychology themed subject (but don’t be put off applying if you have real life experience or a different education/degree).
It is desirable but not necessary for the applicant to have experience of:
- Environmental public policy and advocacy
- Aviation and aerospace sectors
- Defence, security and space sector
The role will require frequent evening working during the week (e.g. representing Boeing at dinners in Parliament) and the occasional weekend (e.g. at airshows). The applicant must be prepared to occasionally travel.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More