ASIC FPGA Development and Verification Engineers (Levels 2, 3 & 4)Los Angeles, California; El Segundo, California
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space & Security has an exciting opportunity for multiple ASIC and/or FPGA Design and Verification Engineers (Levels 2, 3 and 4) to join us as part of our Boeing Electronic Products team located in El Segundo, CA and at the heart of Boeing’s products; ASICs and FPGAs.
Our team is currently hiring for a broad range of experience levels including; Associate, Experienced, and Lead ASIC/FPGA Engineers.
Our Electronics Products team goal is to be Boeing’s sole source for electronics and have grown by over 400% with significant opportunities to support more Boeing Platforms. We seek multiple leadership level engineers who are ambitious and will thrive in a technology development environment and can work the full spectrum from research through flight insertion. We’re highly supportive of innovative thinking, we respect and acknowledge hard work, we recognize maturity and integrity, and we reward bottom-line achievement. At Boeing, we value your curiosity, your determination, and your imagination. #TheFutureIsBuiltHere
Our diverse development portfolio provides opportunities to learn with exposure to the breadth of the Boeing product line – approximately half our design work is within the Space & Launch business unit, and half is from other parts of Boeing (AvionX; Missiles & Weapons; Strike, Surveillance and Mobility; and Autonomous Systems).
As an Associate, Experienced, or Lead ASIC/FPGA Engineer on the Boeing Electronic Products team you will work with a growing team and develop state-of-the-art digital ICs/SoCs to support the most critical programs across the Boeing Defense and Security enterprise. We collaborate with other electronics groups across the company and around the world and support ASIC/FPGA design and verification for electronics that we build in El Segundo or for units designed at other sites.
- Architects, implements, and verifies digital as well as mixed signal solutions. Designs custom IP, as well as uses innovative commercial IP and VIP across the ASIC and FPGA domains. Structures high-level architectural documentation and develops detailed implementation and verification approaches, implements in SystemVerilog and verifies within a team environment, using UVM.
- Maintains detailed requirements and specifications for various electronic products.
- Develops detailed designs of limited scope.
- Conducts various methods of testing and analysis to support design.
- Captures data for technical performance measures and performs basic analysis.
- Provides basic engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Conducts trade studies and literature research to support future product designs.
- Apply understanding of system requirements to architect block level design specifications
- Prepare detailed design documentation
- HDL coding, logical equivalency checking, static timing analysis, CDC, linting
- Integration of third-party IP
- Create self-checking and reusable test benches from scratch, applying Object Oriented Programming concepts: Inheritance, Polymorphism, etc.
- Develop Functional Coverage Models and closing Code Coverage
- Lead analysis of customer and system requirements and development of architectural approaches and detailed specifications for various electronic products.
- Lead development of high-level and detailed designs consistent with requirements and specifications.
- Lead reviews of testing and analysis activity to assure compliance to requirements.
- Identifies, tracks and statuses technical performance measures to measure progress and ensure compliance with requirements.
- Lead activities in support of Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services.
- Coordinates engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Plan research projects to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Travel may be required up to 10% of the time; Domestically and/or Internationally depending on business needs.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
Must have a bachelors degree or higher in engineering, computer science, or physics
Experience working with digital ASIC/FPGA design and verification (P2: 1 year or masters degree, P3 is 3 years, P4 is 5 years)
Experience with ASIC development including architectural definition, and detailed design implementation and functional verification using SystemVerilog/VHDL/Verilog (P2: 1 year or masters degree, P3 is 3 years, P4 is 5 years)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience with Hardware-based integration and test of ASIC/FPGA designs
- Professional experience with hardware-based integration and test of ASIC/FPGA designs
- Proven record of leading ASIC/FPGA design and/or verification teams, including tracking and reporting progress to stakeholders
- Experience with hardware emulators, especially Palladium
- Proficiency with hardware verification languages: System Verilog, System Verilog Assertions
- Proficiency with Object Oriented Programming Concepts: Inheritance, Polymorphism, etc.
- Ability to create test plans and self-checking and reusable testbenches from scratch
- Experience developing Functional Coverage Models and Closing Code Coverage
- Experience with high-speed Serdes interfaces (JESD204C, PCIe, Ethernet)
- Proficient in scripting languages: Make, Perl, Python, etc.
- Revision Control Systems: svn, cvs, git
- Proficient in Linux Environments
- Familiarity with space-based design techniques and radiation mitigation
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Typical Summary Pay Range:
P2: $95, 950 - $111,100
P3: $116,850 - $135,300
P4: $143,450 - $166,100
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities