Associate Electronics Packaging Design EngineerLos Angeles, California; El Segundo, California
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space & Security has an exciting opportunity for Associate Electronics Packaging Design Engineers to join us as part of our Electronics Packaging team located in El Segundo, CA.
Packaging Electronics team focuses the majority of their time on Satellite missions. However, our diverse development portfolio provides opportunities to learn with exposure to the breadth of the Boeing product line – approximately half our design work is within the Space & Launch business unit, and half is from other parts of Boeing (AvionX; Missiles & Weapons; Strike, Surveillance and Mobility; and Autonomous Systems)..
Using first principals thinking, Engineers will work on electronic packaging designs and take it from cradle to grave. Computer aided design, board layout, thermal and vibration analysis, testing, manufacturing support, and more will become your expertise and daily bread.
Working within a collaborative team environment, surrounded by world class engineers and mentors, you will design within the full life cycle and see your work from proposal all the way to delivery and production. We’re highly supportive of innovative thinking, we respect and acknowledge hard work, we recognize maturity and integrity, and we reward bottom-line achievement. At Boeing, we value your curiosity, your determination, and your imagination. #YouWillChangeTheWorld
- Maintains detailed requirements and specifications for various electronic products.
- Develops detailed designs of limited scope.
- Conducts various methods of testing and analysis to support design.
- Gathers data for technical performance measures and performs basic analysis.
- Provides basic engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Conducts trade studies and literature research to support future product designs.
- Works under general supervision.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Ability to obtain a clearance
- Bachelors degree or higher in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- 1+ years of experience with electronic packaging design and/or analysis
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience within aerospace or related industry or with space electronics
- Experience with Creo design software and 3D modeling tools
- Experience with ANSYS analysis software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate across multiple disciplines with internal and external customers
- Computer proficiency and ability to use and navigate the internet and various computer software programs (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Skill and ability to collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: 79,000 – 110,000
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award