Database Software Engineer - Experienced
Los Angeles, California; El Segundo, California
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Database Software Engineer - Experienced
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Database Software Engineer to primarily work in El Segundo, CA and also support Seal Beach, CA. We’re seeking a highly talented, motivated, and creative software developer and database expert to engineer new solutions and support existing capabilities of a database and supporting software applications for both the commercial and the national intelligence communities.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Modify existing databases for any site programs to address new capabilities or needs.
- Meet all program milestones for formal and informal database deliveries.
- The existing system has several consumer-facing applications.
- Develop and sustain existing database applications; as well as troubleshoot and resolve various software issues.
- Support software development tasks including detailed software design, coding, and unit/integration testing of customer desired features/user stories for new database applications.
- Contribute to the creation of new distributed components and interactions that align with the future system architecture.
- Responds to requests from program leadership in support of internal and external customers.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Required Qualifications/Experience and Education:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications Required:
- This position requires the ability to obtain a Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with SCI eligibility. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active). (Post Start)
- Solid background in Java programming
- Must have knowledge of object-oriented design,
- 3+ years' experience working on databases.
- Must possess bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer engineering or related technical discipline
- Strong understand of database design
- Experience with the Agile development process
- Experience with software development tools such as GIT or Glassfish
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.